Saturday, June 9, 2007

Sunflowers

My mom is a Leo. Leo is a sun sign. She likes Sun faces and Sunflowers. After the sunflowers are done blooming, she saves some of the seeds for next year and gives the rest to the birds and squirrels. This year the squirrels are either real hungry or greedy. They have been eating the sunflowers seeds before we can get to them.

Mom is going to plant more. She also has a butterfly garden. The butterflies have already found it this year. They don't care if Mom is weeding the garden, they sometimes land on her. She has a floral print hat. I guess they think they're real.

Mom has had such good luck with the butterflies she wants to get a Humming Bird Feeder.

We are also anxiously waiting for the pineapples to ripen. We have eleven plants and six of them have pineapples on them. Dad calls it Mom's pineapple plantation. They are really behind Dad's work shop and along the driveway fence.

My Mom has a birthday coming up next month. As I said she is a Leo. She claims she doesn't feel any older in her mind. It's only the body that sometimes gives her away.

My quote for today is by Irene Mayer Selznick but it could very well have come from my Mom.

" I'd like to grow very old as slowly as possible."
Posted by Picasa

No comments: