Wednesday, June 6, 2007

$#@&*%!^**

My Mom and I promised each other that our blog would be strictly for fun and not get involved in discussions of politics, money, religion, sex or any other controversial subject HOWEVER

This mornings paper contained an article about using bad language on TV.A New York appeals court said that, "bad language has become so common that even the President has been heard using expletives."Well then, it must be OK.

Our president and the news media have at times discussed the moral decay of our children, putting the blame on us as parents. Then they turn around and put violence, bad language and sexual situations on the TV at any hour of the day.

These are the very people of power and responsibility that should be setting a moral example for our children. Our children think we are wrong to expect better behavior. After all, everybody else thinks it's OK to use bad language etc. The sex, violence and bad language are in the songs they listen to. I believe in free speech to a degree. It is not critical to use bad language to get your point across.

Regardless of what the court says, it's not OK.

Now that I have vented on this subject, I want to remind you that I am a dog only five years old. I can't vote so my opinion doesn't mean much.

Therefore I want to end with my normal quote. This one is in the form of a poem by Millicent Bobleter. A friend sent it to my mother a little while ago when our beloved Buddy went to heaven.

Judgement Day

On judgement Day Saint Peter stands,
A list of virtues in his hands.
As all the souls in silence wait
To see who'll pass through heaven's gate.
"You'll enter first, he says, "if you
can swear your heart was always true.
And you were constant to the end.
A steadfast, loyal, devoted friend.
Never spiteful, never mean,
Unchanging through good times and lean.
With no desire but this: to be
allowed to love eternally."
And this is why St Peter's hand
Throws wide the heavenly portals, and
With wagging tails and shining eyes
The dogs walk into paradise."

No comments: