Thursday, May 17, 2007

If Life Is A Party, Party On..

Well. we're doing great. We have made it to day two of our blogging adventure.

We took a walk last night just before it got dark. Our adopted parents who I shall refer to as Mom and Dad, Skeeter my brother, and me Sassy. We met the "Cookie Lady" right away. She is a good neighbor who carries dog biscuits in her pocket when she goes for a walk. We always get at least one.

My Mom is trying to lose some weight and the vet said that Skeeter and I were too fat, so we walk in the morning and in the evening. My Mom got a pedometer and I heard her say that the goal is for at least 10,000 steps a day. Sounds like a lot to me. I usually nap most of the day but I do like our walks.

So far today we haven't done anything out of the ordinary except wash the truck. My Mom was cursing the "Love Bugs." If nobody loves them, I wonder why they call then "Love Bugs"?

Oh Well, humans do some funny things. For an example my Mom has lots of flowers but she also has a dozen pineapple plants. We have six pineapples coming right now. She put a fence around them so Skeeter would not pee on her pineapples and get them all wet. Then she proceeded to water them with a hose. Skeeter would have been more than happy to do his part.

Mom kept saying Skeeter smelled funny. He didn't smell bad but he didn't smell like a dog either. Then she realized that when Skeeter comes out to greet her when she gets home from work, he always comes to a certain spot in the flower garden and sticks his nose through the fence. She finally realized that he was standing in the rosemary bush and picked up the scent from the plant.

I never, well almost never, disturb any of Mom's plants. Sometimes a squirrel runs through the garden and I forget myself and chase that squirrel through the flowers and up a tree. I have tried to climb up there but for some reason God did not make Cocker Spaniels good tree climbers.

My Mom likes to read and often she reads something nice to share with a friend. I assume if you are reading my blog, you are a friend or will be one in the future.

I will close for the day with a thought or quote I hope you will enjoy. Although I am not a woman in the true sense of the word, you can be sure that I am as completely feminine as any four legged creature can be.

This quote my Mom found in a book she likes called "The Quotable Woman." It was given to her several years ago by her favorite nephew.

Our thought for the day is a quote from a woman named Elsa Maxwell.Many years ago she was famous for her parties. A true hostess with the mostest as they say.

"Someone said that life is a party. You join in after it's started and leave before it's finished."

I am always ready to party. Dogs love to party.

No comments: