Monday, May 21, 2007

Big Fish

Monday we took our usual walk in the early morning. We saw a dead fish in the road. Both Skeeter and I wanted to get a closer look but Mom pulled us away.


However, it reminded me of an incident that happened a few months ago. I told you my Mom likes to write. She mostly writes children's stories but once in a while she writes a poem, usually a silly poem.


She wrote the following about an incident with my first brother, Buddy.





The Bad Boy List



A bird went fishing in the lake.


He caught a big one by mistake.



So big he couldn't carry it.


He dropped it in our yard, Oh shit!



It baked there in the sun all day


"cause no one saw it or took it away.



Now Buddy thought it smelled devine.


So he rolled in it 'till his coat did shine.



He got a taste of his owners wrath,


Got dragged inside to get a bath.



He knew that she was really pissed,


When he made the top of "The Bad Boy List."




I was right she did shampoo the rugs. Believe me, damp rugs do not make a pleasant place to take a nap. I had to retreat to Mom's bed. She tries to keep the spread clean by laying my own Blankie on top of it. Sometimes I just sleep on the pillows. They are much softer.



Skeeter naps mostly on the floor because he is too little to jump up on the bed.


My quote for today is from Ann Landers


"Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't recognize them."


1 comment:

BeckyJoie said...

Nice blog-love the quote.


BeckyJoie