Monday, May 28, 2007

Holiday Weekend

I have been trying to upload a picture of Skeeter, since I am always talking about him. I managed to get my picture as you know. I must be doing something wrong but will keep trying.

In the meantime, I hope y'all havin a safe holiday weekend. Mom is trying to diet a little but we have been eating our way through the weekend.

I heard her say Monday is the day to start on the diet again.My Mom likes to eat but best of all she likes to cook. We get to sample a little when she does. She makes at least one new recipe a week.

Yesterday she made a spicy shrimp dish served over linguine. I thought it was very tasty but Skeeter didn't like it. Dad liked it. I know Mom liked it because she put it in her tried and true keepers recipe file.

This morning she made cranberry muffins for Dad and some of his friends. I didn't get to sample any. She makes them a lot anyway. She buys cranberries in season and freezes them right in the bag.

Mom and Dad owned an Inn in Massachusetts for a while. She did most of the cooking. She still likes to cook and bake but it's not the same unless your cooking for a crowd.

If you ever need a recipe for anything, just ask my Mom she probably has one.

Today's quote is from O.A. Battista and refers to one of my favorite things to do. Napping comes first.

" A dog is one of the few remaining reasons why some people can be persuaded to go for a walk."

Where's my leash?

No comments: