Friday, May 18, 2007

It Really Is A Small World

As I already stated in my first blog, I have a newly adopted brother named Skeeter. He is a black toy poodle.

He had a rash on his belly and my Mom, like all moms, called the Doctor and made an appointment for yesterday afternoon.

Well, when we walked into the waiting room there was a lady with two poodles. Her daughter was with her and she had another small dog. My brother. Skeeter, kept trying to get to the lady with the two poodles. She in turn, kept looking at Skeeter. When Mom called him by his name "Skeeter" the ladies daughter said her mother used to have a dog named Skeeter.

The lady cannot talk because her voice box has been removed. Mom and I got a funny feeling and asked her how long ago she had to adopt him out. Well to make a long story short, as it turned out she was Skeeter's original mother. One of the dogs was his daughter and the other was his mate. It was very sad that she was unable to keep all of them. Mom let Skeeter go to her and he couldn't give her enough kisses. She was crying and so was everybody else in the waiting room.

In the end she was very happy to know that he was adopted by a family that loved him too. My Mom got her address and promised to write her once in a while to let her know how Skeeter is doing.

I love happy endings don't you?

My quote for today by Isabelle Eberhardt

"One must never look for happiness: one meets it by the way."

PS The rash turned out to be nothing serious. Just an irritation. The vet gave him a shot to stop the itching and some "Stuff" to put on the rash.

No comments: