Saturday, May 19, 2007

Damn Thorns

First of all I want to say "HI" to my Mom's friend's aunt who lives in Baltimore. Hi, Auntie.

Well, Saturday turned out to be a rather exciting day. As I hoped, we went to the park but not the dog park. We went to a people park where dogs are tolerated as long as they are kept on a leash and their Mom brings plenty of little plastic bags for anything we might leave behind.


There were lots of people there especially kids. I like kids. As usual, as soon as we got out of the car I charged ahead almost strangling myself in the process. I do know better but I get so excited I forget.


When I was young, I went to obedience school but I didn't like it much. Sit, stay, heel, down and if you do it right they give you a tiny piece of treat. I usually get bigger treats for doing nothing. Anyway, as soon as you did one thing they wanted you to do another. Sit, heel, turn. I wish somebody would make up their mind. I got so tired and confused that I usually snapped at some other dog invading my space because I was walking too slow. Sometimes I just lay down and watched all the other dogs looking foolish for a tiny treat. I graduated. However, they did not mention the advanced class to Mom.


After the park and a big drink of cool water, it was time for my nap.


It was such a nice day Mom decided to work in her garden. I don't know why she decided to cut down a small tree covered with very large thorns. She had a barrel full of the branches and was cutting down the last piece when the barrel fell over and a thorn went into her arm right into a major vein. The blood spurted out like a fountain. She put pressure on it and went inside to have my Dad put a pressure bandage on it.

Mom was upset because she had on a new pair of garden gloves and they were covered with blood. Dad washed them out for her. Such a silly thing to be concerned about.


She is Okay because she made our supper on time and made salad and spaghetti for herself and Dad. I did notice that she had a little more wine than usual. Probably to help replace the blood she lost.

Then after supper we watched a move. You wont believe the title "Must Love Dogs." It was cute but there weren't too many scenes with dogs in them.

Tomorrow is Sunday. Usually a good day for us. Sometimes Mom and Dad take a nap with us. We just snuggle in and snooze for an hour or so.
Love it.

Quote today is from my Mom

"Ouch! Damn tree"
(Not an exact quote)