Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Smells Good

Mom has to go back to work on Friday. Skeeter and I are spoiled having her home all day. At least we will get in more naps when nobody is home

Today she was going to work outside again but decided she just didn't feel like it. Instead she is making spaghetti sauce, zucchini bread and blueberry muffins. The house is beginning to smell real good.

I know Skeeter and I are just dogs and not supposed to like people food but have you tasted any dog food lately? Mom bought some Newman's own organic dog food at $1.97 a can. Still tastes like dog food to me. Skeeter liked it but he eats anything in his dish or that falls to the floor.

I realize I am a fussy eater. I like the dog food Mom makes herself. Chicken, Rice and mixed vegetables. I used to pick out the vegetables but Mom purees them now and cooks the rice and vegetables together and then mixes it with cooked chicken. She thinks I don't know she has vegetables in the food.

She is trying to diet Skeeter. He is a chubby little thing. He was already too fat when we got him. Mom walks him, and me, for exercise but Skeeter just waddles along. He is a happy little dog and wants to greet everybody we meet. Not me, I make a fuss and people think I'm unfriendly. I'm not. I just think people should be checked out before you let just anybody pet you or pick you up.
I have a hiding place when I'm not sure of things. I usually go there when there is a thunderstorm or fireworks. If anyone breaks into this house I will hide. Skeeter will probably bring them a toy. He's not as streetwise as I am yet.
Time to check the bread.

Today's quote is by Mary Pettibone Poole.

"He who laughs, lasts."

No comments: