Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Happy Birthday Mom

Tomorrow, Thursday, is Mom's birthday. I promised I wouldn't tell anyone how old she is. She already got some funny cards. My Mom likes funny cards.Dad will take her out to dinner tomorrow night.

Mom is taking care of our neighbors pool while she is away. She took Skeeter and I with her today. She accidentally dropped something in the pool so she took her shoes off and went in the pool clothes and all. She looked pretty funny because she had on white shorts and top. You could see right thru them when they got wet.

Mom's dog story today is not about one of her own but it's very important in influencing her to get another dog.



After loosing two dogs at once, we couldn't even think about another dog. After almost two year, we retired and moved to Florida. My husbands heart doctor thought it would be a good move. It did prove to be a very good move.

We met our new neighbors who owned a Cocker Spaniel. We got to know then very well. One day they mentioned they were going to put the dog, Dusty, in a kennel while they went away. We offered to take the dog. Dusty was at home at our house and we enjoyed having him. After leaving him with us on several occasions, we got to the point that we missed him after they came home. We decided to just check out the dogs at the shelters.

We finally found a year old dog, mostly yellow lab, who had been abused. It was love at first sight. I think it was because I'm an old softy and he needed someone who would not mistreat him.

The first night he could not settle down. I took my pillow and a blanket and laid on the floor with him. He cuddled up to me and never moved all night. We bonded completely.

Next time more about Buddy.

Another quote from Maya Angelou.

"I've learned that making a living is not the same thing as making a life."

No comments: