Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Smart Skeeter?

Yesterday Dad was working in the yard putting up a small stone wall. Skeeter and I were outside helping him. Skeeter never lets Mom out of his sight for long so he went back in the house. No Mom !!!! She had gone next door but Skeeter did not see her go.

He searched the whole house. She was gone!!! He went back outside. Dads shed has two doors. One is inside the fenced yard, the other is outside. Both were open. Skeeter went through the shed to freedom and followed his Mom's scent to the house next door.

Imagine how surprised she was when she looked up and saw Skeeter sitting outside the neighbors door looking in. Good thing she has a full glass door. Mom rushed home to see how Skeeter got out and if I was gone too.

Luckily I am such a good dog. I stayed in the yard. I didn't tattle on Skeeter either. In retrospect, I should have. He might have gotten hurt or run over or something if he had to search far for Mom.

My quote is from Shakespeare, I think.

"All's well that ends well."

No comments: