Sunday, September 2, 2007

Labor Day

Mom has Labor Day off. I'll bet she gets lots of work done because she is having minor surgery on Tuesday. She will probably plant some vegetables.She wants to get her garden started.

She saw some really pretty shrubs in a neighbors yard. She will be looking for those too. They are bright greenish yellow. I feel some transplanting being done. She has to move some stuff to put the new plants where she wants them.

After her surgery she can't lift or do any heavy work. That is going to drive her crazy!!She got some yarn in case she gets tired of reading and writing. Somebody will probable get a new afghan. A friend is going to get married so maybe she'll get the afghan.

Mom is a little happier with her hair now. It has been washed and is a little more relaxed.(The curls I mean).

She finally got the spare room closet cleaned out. She should take a picture because it won't stay that way for long. Experience tells me that.

Today is a picnic day for Mom and Dad. Skeeter and I weren't invited. We'll probably get something good later.

Skeeter and I got our monthly pills for fleas and worms today. Mom makes little meat balls out of our dog food and hides the pills inside. She thinks I don't know they're inside. I just eat them real fast because she is relentless. I used to spit them out but she just stuffed them in my mouth and held it shut until I swallowed. This way is much nicer for both of us.

Have a nice weekend and Mom and I will be back on line as soon as she feels up to it.

Don't forget to put out your flag out on the 11th.

No comments: